Phillip Moore, Sr.
- Ancestry tree: Moore Family Tree
- Date of death: 04/12/1695 O.S
- Spouse: Unknown
- Spouse (2nd): Ruth Moore
- Child: Philip Moore, Jr.
- Child (2nd): Susanna Serious, wife of Cato
- Additional Relationships: Purchase land from Nathaniel Willett on 3/15/1676 (HLR, 108); sold land to Henry Arnold, 1/26/1676 (HLR, 567); it is possible that Philip Moore, Sr. came on The Rainbow in 1645 to Boston, the only documented voyage with slave cargo between 1645-1670 in the TASTD to NE. But there were other means by which he could have come; division of Hockanum fences 1685/86 between Timothy Woodbridge, et al, in which Moore was included for 6 1/4 for his upland and 7 for his meadow.
- Most recent residence: Hartford, CT
- Longest place of residence: Hartford, CT
- Notes: Buried on 04/13/1695; designated as "Goodman Moore" in the burial list.
- Bibliographic sources: CTPR;FEH; CTCAM; Manwaring, 1:488; FEH, 406; CTCHRec, Reel 505, records and papers, 158 ("List of interments by Wm. Goodwin, burials recorded in Father Goodwin's book, copied from an inaccurate copy, 'ne nimium fide.'"; Transatlantic Slave Trade Database, 25148; EHH, 57; CT Archives, Towns and lands vol 1:225; mentioned http://www.hartford-hwp.com/HBHP/exhibit/03/index.html
- Ruth Moore (spouse 2)
- Confidence Level - confidence_level - Highly Confident
- Ethnicity/Race/Tribal Affiliation: Black (defined as Unknown origins, but listed as a person of color )
- Gender: Male
Buried on 04/13/1695; designated as “Goodman Moore” in the burial list.