- Ancestry tree: Alfred or Alford Family Tree
- Master / Mistress: Elisha Butler (d. 1783)
- Master's / Mistress' Ancestry tree: Butler Family Tree (Slaveholder)
- Manumission date: About 1782
- Occupation: Former Servant
- Spouse: Wife
- Child: Jeremiah
- Child (2nd): John
- Child (3rd): Child
- Child (4th): Child
- Additional Relationships: Probably the father of Jeremiah and John, and possibly the grandfather of James (SPC no. 23) and Shaunch (SPC no. 25) who both registered in New Haven on 12/17/1839; Important Note: there is a family in New Haven of Alpheus Alford who also had sons go to sea. This family comes from Woodbridge and is not the same as the Hartford family.
- Most recent residence: Hartford, CT
- Longest place of residence: Hartford, CT. for 48 years
- Notes: Former owner, Elisha Butler, quitclaimed Alford land and buildings in Hartford; Butler died insolvent in 1783.
- Bibliographic sources: BJB, 20; 1800 Federal Census; Connecticut Courant, 10-21-1783
- Confidence Level - confidence_level - Not Confident
- Ethnicity/Race/Tribal Affiliation: Black (defined as Unknown origins, but listed as a person of color )
- Gender: Male
Former owner, Elisha Butler, quitclaimed Alford land and buildings in Hartford; Butler died insolvent in 1783.